We are the largest organisation in the UK devoted to dog health, welfare and training. Our objective is to ensure that dogs live healthy, happy lives with responsible owners.
- We run the UK’s largest registration database for both pedigree and crossbreed dogs (through our activity register).
- We run the Petlog database, which is the UK’s biggest reunification service for microchipped animals.
- We are accredited by UKAS to certify members of the Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme, which is the only scheme in the UK that monitors breeders in order to protect the welfare of puppies and breeding bitches.
- We run the UK’s largest dog training programme, the Good Citizen Dog Training Scheme and licence shows and clubs providing a wide range of activities.
- We help people to enjoy fun sports and activities with their dogs. We have been running the world’s greatest dog event, Crufts since 1891, and license more than 4,500 other dog shows and events each year. We also run the International Agility Festival, the world’s largest dog agility event.
- We are committed to providing education and advice to puppy buyers to ensure that they buy the right breed for their lifestyle, from a responsible breeder. The Discover Dogs event in London, which is a fun family day covering all aspects of dog care, helps people to understand how to buy a dog responsibly.
- The Kennel Club Charitable Trust supports research into dog diseases and supports dog welfare charities, including Kennel Club Breed Rescue organisations which re-home dogs and assistance dog charities.
- We jointly run health screening schemes with the British Veterinary Association and, through The Kennel Club Charitable Trust, fund The Kennel Club Genetics Centre at the Animal Health Trust, which is at the forefront of pioneering research into dog health.
- Our Kennel Club Cancer Centre at the Animal Health Trust will contribute to the AHT’s well-established cancer research programme, helping to further improve dog health.