Choosing a rescue dog
Consider giving a home to a rescue dog as long as you are prepared to put in extra work if it is needed but it can be an immensely rewarding experience. Do not consider adopting a rescue dog if you have a busy life, or very young children, as they often need special care and the people re-homing it can give you a full history.
Breed Rescues at Discover Dogs 2012
Each year Discover Dogs is delighted to feature a number of Breed Rescues on the Charitable Trust/breed Rescue stand. Visitors to the show are invited to come and meet the breeds and ask the rescue staff and volunteers any questions about adopting their chosen breed.
Breed Rescues on Saturday 10 November
- Southern Beardie Aid - Bob Manning
- Pomeranians for Life - Joanne Elvin
- Garbo's GSD Rescue - Garbo Garnham
- Valgrays Border Collie Rescue - Val Phillips
Breed Rescues on Sunday 11 November
- Rottweiler Welfare Association - Mrs Colbourne
- Retired Greyhound Trust - Peter Laurie
- Dogue de Bordeaux Welfare - Mrs D Joy
- Siberian Husky Club of GB Welfare Scheme - Sue Jones
Sunday 12.00 - 14.00 Alyson and Sage with the Olympic Torch